If you are currently all grain brewing and not using a software such as BeerSmith 2, you may want to consider making the investment. For about $24, Beer Smith allows you to easily design homebrew recipes and tells you when you are in and out of alignment for the attributes of the beer style you are brewing such as bitterness, color and gravity. You can add easily customize your beer recipe by adding different grain types, hop varieties and quantities to see the impact that it will have on your beer before you actually brew it. In addition to that you can customize your water profile by adding minerals to mimic the ideal water composition of your style.
BeerSmith also helps you organize your brew day! It tells you how much water to add and at what temperature to help reach your mash temperature efficiently. It also provides you with a list of hop additions and times for them them to be added and it is all on one sheet of paper.
Here is a list of some of the features:
- Get step-by-step instructions for any recipe
- Build recipes in minutes, not hours
- Match beer styles from around the world
- Share and compare recipes with brewers from around the world
- Great for both beginners and expert home brewers
- Add a custom equipment profile
- Save and store recipes for future batches
If you are looking to purchase BeerSmith 2, MoreBeer has a promotion on it today while supplies last. You can pick it up for $18.99 using promo code Beerdeal.